AYURVEDIC CLINICAL MENTORSHIP
@ the INSTITUTE FOR AYURVEDIC MEDICINE
This Program is for any student who has studied Ayurveda online or in-person at any school or organization in any country and needs to know how to practice safely and successfully in California, focusing on disease prevention and lifestyle medicine.
This program is for any student who has studied Ayurveda online or in-person at any school or organization in any country and needs to know how to practice safely and successfully in California, focusing on disease prevention and lifestyle medicine. There will be live and recorded webinars to support the in-person classes and mentoring process to make sure that students are ready to work in a clinical setting.
This is a clinical mentorship that guides the student with supervised clinical experience to assess their clients using Ayurvedic understanding of health and disease. All foundational material will be reviewed under this clinical mentorship to ensure mastery of relevant Ayurvedic concepts and principles.
There will be opportunity to work with real clients, guiding, motivating and supporting them to make healthy changes to their diet and lifestyle. Students will be supervised closely and guided to improve skills in note taking, asking questions, assessing the needs of their clients and creating diet and lifestyle plans to best support their clients. There will be classes on nutrition and practices that are specific to the needs of children, women and men at various ages and stages. Teachers will discuss HIPPA compliance, ethical and legal aspects of Ayurvedic practice and when to refer clients to medical professionals.
The focus of this program is mentoring the practitioner so that he is competent, confident and successful in helping his clients with their diet and lifestyle. Upon completion of this clinical mentorship, the student will be guided to pursue further studies in disease management or to work in the community with a focus on health promotion and disease prevention using diet and lifestyle recommendations.
Students will need to complete 50 hours of patient encounters with proper documentation and pass the final written exam in order to graduate from this program.
- Students will be able to ask appropriate questions to their clients which will enable them gather the information about digestion, elimination, emotional health and lifestyle.
- Students will be able to create dietary guidelines and lifestyle recommendations for their clients.
- Students will conduct one on one interviews, create a diet and lifestyle treatment plan, monitor clients’ progress and make the appropriate adjustments to the treatment plan, support their clients to be more successful.
- Students will learn how to present case studies to the rest of the class and create treatment plans for diet and lifestyle for their clients.
- Students will be able to explain the concepts of Ayurveda to their clients so that clients understand and comply with the recommendations.
- Students will teach in the community in a variety of settings classes on meditation, cooking classes and daily practices to enhance health and well-being.
- Students will start and maintain a list of resources in the community for their clients with regard to medical professionals, support groups and other community resources.
- Students will teach their clients healthy self-care routines (proper sleep, exercise, stress management, meal preparation and proper care of the body in different seasons and stages.
This program is taught both in person and on Zoom.
COST: $2200 + $50 For Private Case Management (Per Client).
Copyright 2011-2022 The Sanctuary Wellness Center & Yoga Studio. All Rights Reserved.
Ayurveda @ The Sanctuary Wellness Center & Yoga Studio 505 W 1st Street, Tustin. CA 92780
You will be redirected to our school website at :
for this link